Every language has a word that means 'to eat'. My goal is to define it.

My photo
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Forks, Portland, Lyon - France, Paris - France, Portland and ending up in Bellingham.... the adventures of my life!

Find a Recipe

Monday, October 25

Oven Baked Dorade

Dorade, a stable in French seafood- and something I've never cooked in my life.  I got lucky when my local Carrefour was selling them for 2 bucks a pop 'pret a cuisiner', ready to cook, and so I snagged them.  I just threw it to the wind, so don't be surpised if it might not be the best thing ever.

Category:  Fish, Main Dish, Lunch OR Dinner


Frenchman Rating/Comments:  4/10, "It was good, but the bones were left in so it made it difficult, the fish was a little dry- so maybe more juice or sauce... maybe even a different fish.  Kind of a fail."

Cost per Serving:  Dorade = 1.92 each, Herbs/Lemon = .20 each; TOTAL COST (per serving) = €2.12 a serving.


Ingredients
  • Two butt-end parts of the dorade, ready to cook, de-boned if possible.  (I don't know the real name, so sue me)
  • 2 tablespoons softened butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3 small lemons
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
Equipment
  • Glass baking dish 
  • Paper Towels
  • Frying Pan
    Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
    2. Dry the fish with the paper towels,then fry in a hot pan in a little olive oil for 1 minute on each side.
    3. Open the fish and stuff with lemon and a little butter, salt lightly.
    4. Slice one lemon thinly, and lay the slices on top of the seasoning/butter mixture.. or inside of the butt piece.
    5. The last lemon, cut in quarters, reserve one half for after and the other half to bake in the dish.
    6. Cover with tin foil, bake for 15 minutes in preheated 200c oven, then uncover, place higher, turn skin side up and broil for another 2-3 minutes.
    7. Serve hot with the juice from the dish poured over!... I served with 'tomato lentils' and baked potatoes with a yogurt sauce.

      1 comment:

      DBA Rat said...

      It's a dish that cartoon cats would like!!