Every language has a word that means 'to eat'. My goal is to define it.

My photo
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Forks, Portland, Lyon - France, Paris - France, Portland and ending up in Bellingham.... the adventures of my life!

Find a Recipe

Monday, November 8

Healthy Oatmeal

I know, oatmeal isn't really a fancy recipe... but every morning in France I start my day with either a cup of coffee or tea plus a big bowl of oatmeal.  Here's how I make mine in France..

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup Avoine (oatmeal)
  • Some Brown Sugar or Cassonade
  • Teaspoon White sugar
  • 3/4 cup Milk
Instructions
  1. Begin by pouring about 1/2 cup of the oatmeal flakes into a bowl. Pour the milk in.
  2. Microwave for 45 seconds.
  3. Stir.
  4. Microwave for another 50 seconds.
  5. Stir, add a splash of milk, brown sugar and white sugar to taste.  You can also add nuts, fruits... whatever.  I'm a simple breakfast eater, so I go plain.
  6. Eat hot!
It's simple, but it's really healthy and a great way to start your day... plus Avoine in France is SUPER cheap.

No comments: