Every language has a word that means 'to eat'. My goal is to define it.

My photo
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Forks, Portland, Lyon - France, Paris - France, Portland and ending up in Bellingham.... the adventures of my life!

Find a Recipe

Sunday, October 31

Easy Pancakes

We were left with a craving for pancakes, and so I rummaged in my mind for that simple pancake recipe..



Category: Breakfast, American

Frenchman Rating/Comments:  8/10,  "needed something more... more sugar?"

Cost per Serving: very minimal

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (levure de chimique)
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • dash salt
  • dash nutmeg
Instructions
  1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, make a little hole in the center and break the egg/pour the milk.  Stir with a non-stick instrument (I use a spatula) until all combined.
  2. Heat a pan over medium-high heat, cook first side at medium-high, lower the heat after a minute or so to medium and flip.  Continue till all batter is cooked.
  3. Serve with warmed butter, maple syrup (if someone loves you in America enough to send it) or jelly!

 

No comments: