Every language has a word that means 'to eat'. My goal is to define it.

My photo
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Forks, Portland, Lyon - France, Paris - France, Portland and ending up in Bellingham.... the adventures of my life!

Find a Recipe

Friday, November 5

Potato Crust

Weird, right?  Well I had like 1/2 a cup of leftover potatoes and I thought, 'I'm gonna make a quiche and totally make up a pie crust using this.'  Here goes.. no picture on this one.. because well frankly I got lazy!

Categories:  Baking, Low Cost

Frenchman Rating:  9/10, "Supremely crispy, hint of the potatoes"

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup potatoes
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 130 grams butter, chilled, spooned into pea-sized pieces (using a 1/2 tsp spoon) and WELL CHILLED
  • 3-5 tablespoons ice cold water
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Directions
  1. Start by placing the potatoes, flour and salt into the food processor.  Blend until the potatoes have incorporated into the flour, very finely.  (while butter is chilling in freezer)
  2. Then drop the butter in and pulse 6-8 times until well blended.
  3. Start by adding tablespoon of water at a time, pulse, add more until it sticks together.
  4. Put into plastic, refridgerate for 1 hour
  5. After an hour, roll out on some wax paper dusted with flour and use as you would other crusts.
I made a quiche with green beans, mushrooms and onions... delish!

No comments: