Every language has a word that means 'to eat'. My goal is to define it.

My photo
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Forks, Portland, Lyon - France, Paris - France, Portland and ending up in Bellingham.... the adventures of my life!

Find a Recipe

Saturday, November 6

Kir à la Maison

A specialty in Lyon cuisine is an aperitif drink called, 'kir'.  This is our simple version.

Categories:  Cocktails, Drinks, Lyonnais

Frenchman Rating:  9.5/10,  "Can't go wrong with cocktails."


Ingredients
  • 1 bottle well chilled white wine, sweet... like a muscadet or a sparkling wine
  • 1 bottle chilled 'liquer de cassis' or 'crème de cassis'
Instructions
  1. Pour about 1 shot of the cassis crème into a champagne flute
  2. Pour white wine or sparkling wine to the lip
Serve fresh!  I often will freeze my glasses first, really typical Lyonnais and really good!


No comments: